Conventional & Organic
Video "How To" Machine Lay
NOTE: Spring can bring on extreme weather, high velocity winds, torrential rains, hail, flooding and unpredictable climatic events. Laying out the WeedGuard, making plant holes and planting are not recommended during bad weather periods. If you are in a highly exposed field, where winds can be extreme, and heavy rains are expected, it is best to wait until conditions are good before proceeding. As climatics and usage methods vary, we are not able to provide product performance guarantees. If you have questions or need help with installation, please give us a call 800-654-5432
Weeds … they compete with your crops for moisture, nutrients, light and space. Eliminating them can be costly and labor-intensive. What’s more, neither black plastic nor chemical sprays offer environmentally sound solutions to the problem.
At last, there’s an effective, affordable, environmentally-friendly alternative: WeedGuardPlus. No matter what you grow, or what size area you farm, there’s a WeedGuardPlus product for you.
Saves Time and Money. WeedGuardPlus saves time and money several ways. First, you completely eliminate the removal and disposal costs associated with black plastic. Just till the weed block under at the end of the season and you’re done. Biodegradable WeedGuardPlus adds valuable organic matter back into the soil as it decomposes.
Likewise, you completely eliminate the need for and costs of chemical herbicides or hand weeding.
Finally, unlike black plastic, which requires drip irrigation, porous WeedGuardPlus lets you take advantage of natural rainwater, for even greater savings. Overhead watering is also an option. WeedGuardPlus is specifically formulated to maintain its integrity even when wet, slowly degrading over the course of the growing season.
Healthier Plants. Crops planted with WeedGuardPlus get off to a healthy start without competition from weeds. Early in the season, the material warms the soil, helping plants establish faster.
As the season progresses, porous WeedGuardPlus lets air circulate, promoting healthy roots, instead of “cooking” them like black plastic.
Options for All Growers. Whether you grow in open fields, hoop houses, or high tunnels … farm 1 acre or 100 or more … or apply weed block by machine or manually … we have a product to fit your needs. Choose from:
Wide selection of grades
- WeedGuard - Original Natural Organic Formulation available in 2 weights; plain or creped
- WeedGuard - Earthtone aka EcoMulch: Natural Organic Formulation, creped for ease of laying, Earthtone brown, medium weight
- WeedGuard - Black aka GeoMulch: Natural Organic Formulation, creped for easy manual or mechanical laying - Black for thermal heating of soil benefits, heavy weight
- Humic acid fortified and Calcium fortified products: May aid in micronutrient availability
- Wide choice of widths, lengths and pre-punched options suited to all types and sizes of commercial operations
- Degradable Film Mulch a compostable plastic mulch made from corn starch, offers an affordable eco-friendly choice for larger growers.
Easy to Apply. All of our products are easy to apply manually, and our creped products are ideal for machine application. Follow the simple instructions, and watch your crops thrive, free of competition from weeds!